Merrick Wayne joined Loevy & Loevy in 2018. He works in the Freedom of Information Act & Government Transparency Team, where he primarily focuses his practice on FOIA litigation, along with Open Meetings Act and First Amendment matters.
Merrick is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Alabama School of Law. While in law school, Merrick served as the President of the Student Bar Association and as the Executive Articles Editor for the Law and Psychology Review, was awarded the Dean’s Community Service Award, and was chosen to speak at his graduation. Additionally, during law school, he worked in the Elder Law Clinic, where he assisted and advised clients on a broad range of matters including estate planning, Medicaid benefits, housing discrimination, immigration, tax, and property disputes.
• Illinois, 2018
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2019
• U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia, 2019
The University of Alabama School of Law
• J.D. – 2018
• President, Student Bar Association
• Executive Articles Editor, Law and Psychology Review
• Bench & Bar Legal Honor Society
• Dean’s Community Service Award
• Anna C. Curry Leadership Award
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• B.A. in Economics – 2015