Makeba Rutahindurwa joined Loevy & Loevy as a Justice Fellow in 2020.
Makeba graduated from Stanford Law School in 2019. During law school, she worked with the International Human Rights Clinic, where she traveled to India and Puerto Rico documenting human rights abuses that local populations were facing. She also worked with the Immigrants’ Rights Clinic, advocating on behalf of a client seeking asylum, and participated in the Three Strikes Project, helping to successfully overturn a client’s life sentence.
Prior to joining Loevy & Loevy, Makeba clerked for Judge Andrew Gordon of the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.
- Illinois, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2020
Stanford Law School
- J.D. – 2019
- Deborah L. Rhode Public Interest Award
- Highest Pro Bono distinction
- B.A. (cum laude), International Relations – 2014
Clerkships & Past Employment
- Law Clerk, Hon. Andrew P. Gordon, U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada